These are the conditions that you as author and Pangyrus as publisher agree to in order to publish your work:
- You warrant and represent: i) that the Work is wholly original and does not violate or infringe upon the copyright, right of privacy or any other rights of any person or company whatsoever; ii) that you are the sole owner and creator of the Work; and iii) that you have not assigned nor licensed any rights in and to the Work to any other party or entity which would violate this agreement.
- If your work is chosen to be published by Pangyrus, you understand that Pangyrus may propose edits or modifications of the Work, and that for final publication to occur, both parties must expressly approve such edits. If Pangyrus editors choose your Work to be published in a print edition, you will receive $10 (via PayPal) and one copy of the print publication in which it appears. Pangyrus expects to publish your Work online and/or in a print edition within one calendar year of the date of acceptance. You will receive prompt social media distribution through our publicity department. We will work with you to make sure that your networks are aware of your publication in Pangyrus.
- You grant Pangyrus a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license for the option to do the following: i) publish it on pangyrus.com; ii) publish it in a single print issue of Pangyrus, alongside other works; iii) publish excerpts to promote the piece on social media sites; iv) include it in library and other archival settings as part of the body of work published by Pangyrus.
- If the Work initially appeared in Pangyrus, you agree to include in any republication that you arrange, an acknowledgment that the Work initially appeared in Pangyrus.
- You are responsible for notifying Pangyrus as to any changes in your address so that you will receive your contributor copy if you are in a print edition.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pangyrus against any cost, loss, damage, expense and judgment resulting from any breach of Author’s warranties and representations herein, including, without limitation, any settlement payments and attorneys’ fees and expenses, costs and disbursements.
- The provisions of this agreement bind both the parties signing here, and any of their successors or assignees.
- This agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the law of the State of Massachusetts, and for any litigation arising out of or in connection with this agreement, the parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of State and Federal Courts of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Work, and no other representation, inducement, promise, understanding, condition or warranty applies.